Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's a John Denver Sunday!

I'm sitting on the couch watching a John Denver concert on dvd...if you're not familiar with his name, he was famous for his songs "Country Road, Take Me Home" and "Annie's Song". I love the weekends when everyone is home and Mom plays her dvd concerts on tv. Mom says she likes the dvd concerts better than cds and radio because you get the full music experience. "You feel like they're actually there." I remember playing outside till the street lights came on and running into a house vibrating with Fleetwood Mac music from a concert my mom taped on VHS!

My mom has collected so many concerts dvds......I think my favorites would have to be Fleetwood Mac, John Denver, Michael Jackson, Carole King and James Taylor, Phil Collins... You might be thinking...jeez Diana, none of those people are from your generation. I know :) And I'm totally okay with it!

I've even begun my own collection! I have a Christopher Cross and Lionel Richie concert dvd. I definitely want to keep my mom's weekend activity a tradition in my future home. Whether she considers it a tradition or not....I always feel so at home and peaceful when those DVDs are playing. Music has always been a part of my life at home, and I intend to keep the musical atmosphere around.

I heard a John Denver song that I never heard before...it's so powerful. It's called "Rhymes and Reasons". What I take from it is that whenever you find yourself in a dark place, there are always reasons to have hope and find joy and peace again.

No comments:

Post a Comment