Friday, August 19, 2011

instafriday - my first major DIY!


Yay for Friday! And double yay for attacking my major DIY project this weekend (with the help of my dad and boyfriend)! I'm going to paint this. This dresser has been white with baby pink and blue knobs since my older brother was a baby. I finally have the motivation to re-do it!


What color did I choose to repaint the plain ole white dresser? Well....I'm trying to stick to oranges, golds, and dark brown tones, asyou can see from this picture. This was my first accomplishment of (slowly) happening room-renovation.



I found this dark brown for the dresser...I love the name. Sweet molasses. Mmmmm.



And I have these knobs to put on after it's all done :)


I can't wait for it to be done...I'll post a finished product pic hopefully early next week.


What's in store for next week? Well....summer is slowly coming to an end. Which means what? Tis the season for school! I get to start school twice within a month! My classes start Sunday... 3 online classes. Shouldn't be too bad....knock on wood. I do have a class about autism...so I'm excited about that! I might even start reading the book tomorrow! Then I have about 2.5 weeks till I go back to work. I'm looking forward to seeing all the adorable students again...and hearing my teacher name!


life rearranged

No comments:

Post a Comment