Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Source: google.com via Diana on Pinterest



This year I'm doing a lot more cooking with Mom. She says I need to learn because one day I'll need to know how to make a Thanksgiving dinner. Such a smart woman my mother is. The picture above is how my dream Thanksgiving dinner will look like....no stress whatsoever!

Tonight we're doing Thanksgiving at my house with my family (mom, dad, David) and Cody! Our first Thanksgiving together! Woo! Tomorrow I'll be spending time with his family...it's always fun to extend Thanksgiving!

What am I thankful for this year? My family...boyfriend..friends...my home...being healthy. Specifically, I'm also super thankful for the elementary school I work at. I am so blessed to work with amazing teachers and staff who teach me new things everyday and always bring a smile to my face. If it wasn't for my job, I would not have so much insight in my school work at Cal State Fullerton. They are prepping me so well to be a happy and confident student teacher next Fall (wooot! Getting closer to being done!). Also, I must SO thankful for the kids I work with. Each one of them has taught me something new. Whether it is to have more patience (which I thought I had a lot to begin with!), step aside as give space, the importance of having fun in the classroom, or really valuing every achievement - no matter how big or small. The kids work so hard and they inspire me to work harder and harder everyday. At the same time, they also remind me it's important to take a break for myself. Yesterday one of my kids told me I looked tired because I had bags under my eyes! First of all, I love how honest she is. I don't think I could tell anyone that. She went on and told ME I need to go to bed! It's for moments like those I look forward to go to work every day and I am so thankful for the opportunities I have been blessed with up to this day :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment