Sunday, November 4, 2012

Update: Halfway through Fieldwork :)

So I just finished going through the Sunday papers, and I must say... I love the feeling of looking through holiday ads.  As I've said before, the holidays is truly the most wonderful time of the year.  I realize Thanksgiving hasn't even passed...but I am one of those early holiday crazies! I admit it! 

I was going through the Joann's holiday gift guide...and I found this amazing mug.


I'm crafty and I know it.  Um....WANT


Besides feeling excited for the holidays, I've had a pretty amazing first 5 weeks of field work in the kindergarten class.  This upcoming week will by Week 6 of 10!    The first 5 weeks were supposed to be half days, but as always, I ended up staying til 3 a lot of the time.  It was my choice....so I can't complain.  At least staying full days until the end of Week 10 won't seem too long, since I've pretty much been staying full days the past week.  We've already started to plan for Thanksgiving activities and the oh-so-traditional Thanksgiving Feast! I cannot wait to be a part of the fiesta.  The children in my class are so much fun to work with.  They make me cool artwork like this...


Thanks friend!  Yes...we refer to the students as "friends" in class :)

For Halloween, all the Kindergarteners had a Halloween Party and all of the teachers dressed up - including me! It was pretty much a party all day, except for 15 - 20 minutes when we sang songs about the letter H. Letter H was our letter of the week last week!  I love all the songs we sing...I can't wait to hear the letter T song for this week. I have a feeling it's going to be this one :)


Yay for Tiggy Tiger!



Two weeks ago Cody and I also had our annual Fall photoshoot at the pumpkin patch.  Here are just a few pics from the session :) 







Just for comparison, here's our fall photo from 2010 :)   My hair was so short...gah!  So glad I've decided to grow it out long.


Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween, and I hope you have a great first full week of November!

No comments:

Post a Comment